Quick and Easy Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 and 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 10 dates
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup cashews
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 1 cup or 140 grams strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquified
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line an 18cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the 1 cup of cashews for the top layer into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside while you make the base.
- To make the base place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles and fine sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and set aside.
- To make the top strain your cashews and add them to your processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture over your base and place in the freezer for a couple of hours to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy!