I just realised I’ve never started a letter to you that way, it’s always to my Lulu. But it’s such a pretty name and I should use it more! So today I’ll write to my big girl, my first born, my Elise.
What a year you have had! You have been brave and courageous as you have taken on not one but two new schools, an interstate move and more change than you have ever experienced before.
And you have thrived!
Your Dad and I couldn’t be prouder!
You are confident and friendly and considerate.
You are compassionate and caring and joyful.
You are everything you have always been and every day you are something more.
We learn so much from your outgoing nature, your wise words and your inquisitive ways.
We learn so much from your positive attitude and your willingness to help.
You have always been and continue to be the one who keeps my feet on the ground and my head in the clouds and I love you for this alone.
Never let your hand fall from mine.
Love Mum xx
Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas, chopped (400 grams)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- zest of two lemons
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams full fat cream-cheese, chopped
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm, approximately six hours.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
Pour your own Honey and Maple Syrup is available from my amazing sponsors, The Source Bulk Foods. If you cannot get into one of their fabulous stores you can also buy the honey and maple syrup (and just about everything else!) online.