Quick and Easy Christmas Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup curants
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 frozen banana, chopped (approximately 250 grams)*
- 4 Natural Delights Medjool Dates, seeds removed
- Place the coconut milk, raisins, currants, cranberries, almonds, vanilla and spices into a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the coconut oil.
- While the dried fruit, nuts and spices are simmering place the bananas and dates into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth, well combined and resembles an ice cream consistency.
- Combine the two mixtures and pour the ice cream into a freezer safe, air tight container. Place in the freezer to set for 6 – 8 hours. If you are making this days or weeks in advance it will still be delicious but the consistency will change. We often double the recipes and eat it over several days.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*for a nut free version omit the almonds or replace them with toasted sunflower seeds.
notes – you can also make this with fresh, well ripened bananas. If using frozen bananas make sure they are well ripened and peeled prior to freezing.
I would like to thank the amazing team at Natural Delights for working with me this year. It has been a joy and a privilege. They are a company who not only have exceptional products but who also have exceptional morals and I am beyond grateful to create content for them each month. I wish them the happiest of Christmas’ and I am very excited to be sharing more recipes using their delightful dates in the New Year.
If you have not yet tried their products you can get your hands on them at Coles Supermarkets and various Fruit and Vegetable stores. You can also view their delicious range of recipes here.