Quick and Easy Christmas Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup curants
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 frozen banana, chopped (approximately 250 grams)*
- 4 medjool dates, seeds removed
- Place the coconut milk, raisins, currants, cranberries, almonds, vanilla and spices into a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the coconut oil.
- While the dried fruit, nuts and spices are simmering place the bananas and dates into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth, well combined and resembles an ice cream consistency.
- Combine the two mixtures and pour the ice cream into a freezer safe, air tight container. Place in the freezer to set for 6 – 8 hours. If you are making this days or weeks in advance it will still be delicious but the consistency will change. We often double the recipes and eat it over several days.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*for a nut free version omit the almonds or replace them with toasted sunflower seeds.
notes – you can also make this with fresh, well ripened bananas. If using frozen bananas make sure they are well ripened and peeled prior to freezing.
If you are enjoying the recipes be sure to check out the books. With thanks, B x