I haven’t followed your story. I haven’t watched your pain. I came across a brief snippet of the place where you find yourself only days ago.
I have no words to comfort you or your family.
I have no words to express the emotion and sense of community that you have stirred up, not only in Western Victoria, but in many corners of Australia.
I have no words to describe the mark you have left on so many hearts and the tears you have brought to so many eyes.
Sadly, I just have no words.
Because nothing I say can ease all that your tiny body is going through.
Nothing I say can warm your Mum’s heart.
Nothing I say can make things right.
So we give what we can, we pray in whatever way works for us and we believe Ivy, we believe in a brighter tomorrow.
Stay strong little girl, we are all holding your hand.
If you would like to read more about Ivy’s story or donate to Ivy’s Army you can do so here.
Mix and Make Choc Chip Caramel Fudge
- 4 tablespoons cashew butter*
- 2 tablespoons almond butter*
- 1 tablespoon honey**
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Place the cashew butter, almond butter, honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt into a heat proof bowl and gently heat until the mixture softens. Remove from the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Ensure the mixture is cool and stir through the chopped chocolate. Spoon the mixture into the holes of a mini silicon muffin mould. Place in the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
- Eat. Enjoy.
*cashew and almond butter are readily available from the health section of the supermarket and from health food stores. Alternatively it is quick and easy to make your own. You can see my recipes here and here.
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.