As many of you know, the first couple of years of my precious little mans life were hard to say the least. I won’t rehash it, but let’s just say he spent a lot of time on me and very little time anywhere else.
The other day I made a comment about Eamon being the only baby in our family who didn’t cry when I wiped his nose.
Soon after he followed me up to my room.
He said “I was the best baby wasn’t I Mum? I mean, I was always really good wasn’t I?”
I froze for a moment.
A smile spread across my face and I wrapped that perfect little man in my arms and said “You sure were. You were everything I dreamt of and when you were a baby we had a beautiful time.”
Because he is and because we did.
Those years were hard, they were possibly the hardest time of my life. But I’ve never felt so loved and I’ve never learnt so much and although I could never do it again I wouldn’t change it for quids.
Creamy Caramel Fudge
- 8 tablespoons cashew butter*
- 4 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place the ingredients into your food processor and blend until the dates are broken down and the mixture is smooth and well combined. Pour the mixture into a silicon loaf tin and place in the freezer to set and to store.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
*cashew butter is readily available, however if you would like to make your own the very simple recipe is here.