Brought to you by Coles.
We have been enjoying tasty starts to our day. Every morning we have indulged in a delicious and sustaining breakfast, seven different dishes over the course of the week which is certainly not the norm for us. I prepared many of the breakfasts the night before as I was getting dinner. They are all simple to make and perfect served hours later. This kept things easy and avoided morning chaos, nobody wants to start their day with morning chaos! The kids thought it was very exciting, they would love to take on the Coles 7-Day Breakfast Challenge again and again. Here is recap of what we ate each day of the challenge. I am pleased to say it was all really well received. I hope you get the same response at your place. Day One – Blueberry Pudding
Coconut and Mango Porridge
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (quinoa or rice flakes are great for a gluten free option)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 heaped cup mango flesh (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Add the oats and water to a saucepan and bring to the boil, stir in the coconut milk and return to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mash in the mango flesh and stir through the maple syrup if using.
- Eat and enjoy.