Brought to you by Coles.
Some people don’t eat breakfast, isn’t that absurd! I love it so much that I do it twice.
Prior to breakfast I am grumpy, tired and very poor company. After breakfast I am revitalised and ready to start my day. My kids know that before I have eaten they must be quiet and tread carefully, once Mum’s plate is clean everyone can relax.
I would happily run with breakfast options for every meal of the day. There is a place for it all; warm porridge on winter mornings, smoothies on a summer’s day, and pudding’s hot or cold all year round. Muesli works well any old time and pre made muffins are perfect for frantic mornings. Apple Crumble and Banana Custard are where we turn when we are wanting something a little more decadent yet still full of goodness.
There are a few breakfast rules that must be adhered to for this meal to be a success.
I am hoping our recipes can take the work out of it for you and your family. Over the next week we will be having a different breakfast each day, all of which will fit into the criteria outlined above. I have been inspired by the Coles Breakfast Challenge and I would love you to tackle it with me. Jump on board! We are taking everyone from fussy two year olds to the Mum’s and Dad’s who have started their day with a cup of coffee for as long as they can remember.
It is only one week. You might enjoy it. You might end up loving breakfast as much as I do. You might end up doing it twice.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- extra blueberries for serving
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Place all of the ingredients except for the chia seeds into your blender or food processor, pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a glass container that has a lid, sprinkle the chia seeds over the top. Whisk them in, wait a couple of minutes and whisk again.
- Place the lid on your container and store the pudding in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve with whole blueberries stirred through and sprinkled on top.