Everyone has a runny nose and a sore body. We are all exhausted.
The baby is crying and the husband is sick of us all.
The biggest little girl is grumpy and the boy in the middle is bursting into tears and falling to the floor for reasons unbeknown to any of us.
My mind keeps wandering to the days when I slept whenever I wanted to sleep and when I had a cold, I rested and got better.
Then my baby snuggles into my neck, my son drowns me in kisses and my biggest little girl wraps her arms around me and I know I wouldn’t change it for the world.
I know that as fun and easy as those young days were, they had an emptiness and there was always something missing.
That space was filled the minute I held my first born.
The colds will pass, the tantrums will pass. The hard days will no doubt come and go. But the way these little people fill me up and carry me through is a gift that never dies.
Today as I wipe countless noses and drag myself through I’m not going to reminisce about times long gone. I’m going to count the three beautiful blessings that I get to love and nurture every single day.
Choc Mint Fudge
- 6 tablespoons cashew butter*
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 3 tablespoons honey**
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon natural peppermint extract or 8 drops food grade peppermint oil
- Place the ingredients into your food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Pour the mixture into a silicon loaf tin and place it into the freezer to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
*cashew butter / spread is readily available in the health section of the supermarket and from health food stores. Alternatively you can make your own, here is our recipe.
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.