This is up there with my favourite food combinations. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Choc Banana PB Jars
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped*
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter**
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons honey***
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup buckwheat, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter**
- 1 tablespoon honey***
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Let’s start at the middle. Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the peanut butter and honey for the middle layer into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the buckwheat. Mix until coated. Spread the buckwheat onto a baking tray and use the back of a spoon to flatten it. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Turn the tray half way through cooking.
- For the top layer heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the bananas in a single layer and cook until golden.
- You can make the first layer anytime and pop it into the fridge or freezer while waiting on the other layers. To make the first layer place all of the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles an ice cream consistency. Spoon the mixture evenly over two jars and place in the fridge or freezer (the freezer option will be thicker) until the jars are ready to assemble.
- Assemble all three layers starting with the ice cream, then crunch and then the fried bananas.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*peel well ripened bananas prior to freezing.
** to make these nut free use this recipe for the middle layer and omit the PB in the bottom layer.
***you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.