My biggest baby girl is changing schools tomorrow. She is going to be the new kid.
Internally I am shaking. My mind is chanting over and over “please be nice, please be her friend, please smile and say Hello”.
She is excited, so very excited. She fully expects that everyone will be lovely and that she will make a new friend, at least one, every day.
I hope she isn’t hurt.
I feel responsible for whatever happens.
We are the ones who took her away from the friends she had and the class she knew. She has always been happy to change and try something new, but at the end of the day whatever happens sits on my shoulders.
It is going to be an anxious few weeks.
The school she is changing to is quite literally a good twenty times larger than where she has been. Her class alone is double the size of her previous entire school. I know she will be exposed to things she has not seen before, as my husband would say, she will be acquainting herself with life’s tapestry as many personalities and behaviours cross her path.
Welcome to the world my beautiful baby girl, don’t let it wipe that smile from your face.
- 200 grams organic corn chips*
- 2 rounded tablespoons honey**
- 4 rounded tablespoons peanut butter***
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter***
- 3 tablespoons honey**
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the base ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. When you think it is down give it another blast and then press the mixture firmly into your tin.
- Place the top ingredients into your processor and quickly blend to combine. Do not over blend. Pour the mixture over your base and place in the fridge to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat. Enjoy!
*corn chips are readily available in the health food section of the supermarket and from health food stores.
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
***to make this nut free sub the PB in the base with hulled tahini and use this recipe for the top.