- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 6 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- Line a square 20cm cake tin with baking paper over hanging the sides.
- Place the base ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and place into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Place the filling ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Evenly spread the mixture over your base and press it down. Set aside while you make the topping.
- Place the topping ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Pour or spread the mixture over your base. Place the slice into the fridge to set.
- Slice. Serve. Enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
- if your dates are hard or feel quite dry you may want to pre soak them in water.
- you can set and store this slice in the fridge or freezer, you can also eat it directly from the fridge or freezer.
- If you are looking for a date free Caramel Slice be sure to check out this one, it is my favourite!