Brought to you by Oster.
I have had a lot of kitchen fun today and most excitingly of all I will be giving you the chance to repeat it in your own home. But that’s the very best bit so let’s leave it until last and start with a glimpse into my day.
I was recently asked if I would like to review the Oster Versa Performance Blender, would I like to? I would love to!!
Only hours after it had arrived to spend a few days at my place, I had opened the box and started to play.
Playing is exactly what I would call it. It certainly wasn’t a chore. I spent less than an hour whipping up all of the below and there is so much more that I am very keen to try out.
For those who have not heard of Oster they currently hold the title of #1 blender in the USA and they have recently made their way to Australia.
The Versa is a lot more than your standard blender. Think beyond smoothies. You can also create nut butters, flours, milks, sorbets, dips and even steaming hot soups at the touch of the button.
Some of the things I really loved about this appliance were the two jugs that come with it. A taller, slimmer jug that is perfect for liquids and a shorter, wider jug that is great for milling, nut butters and much of what we do over here at Wholefood Simply. The two-jug feature is fabulous, as when I get into my cooking zone I like to just get it done and being able to utilise the two jugs was something I really appreciated.
The clear, heavy-duty jugs enable you to see exactly where your creations are at. This is great if you like a bit of texture in your nut butter or want to ensure your soups and smoothies are super smooth.
Another feature that is worth mentioning is the Versa Performance Blender gives you two options in regards to control. You can use the touch of a button built in settings or you can manually control the speed yourself. I have used both and really like that I have the choice.
Here is a glimpse of my first hour with the Versa Performance Blender. We enjoyed it all. From the creating to the consuming and I hope you do too.
This is one of our favourite nut butter combinations, a mix that we go back to time and again. It is also great to pop into jars and give as gifts.
You can spread this butter on apple slices for a perfect snack. We also also love it in any recipe that asks for a nut butter and added to soups and smoothies. All of us happily eat it straight off the spoon! Be sure to try it out.
Creamy Nut Butter
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews*
- generous pinch of salt
- Place the ingredients into the Oster Versa and blend at high speed until you reach your desired consistency. You may need to stop the blending process and give the nuts a quick stir once or twice.
*dry roasted cashews are readily available from the supermarket or you can toast your own raw cashews at home.
Coconut Cream is a great recipe for anyone who is embracing a dairy free lifestyle or who simply likes to mix things up a bit. This recipe is simple, delicious and perfect with any of our puddings and mueslis. I especially love it with the Caramel Pudding and the Toasted Granola. Adding a heaped tablespoon of this cream to your smoothies will take them to a whole new level.
- 1 270 ml tin of coconut cream that has been stored in the fridge for a minimum of 48 hours
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- Place the ingredients into the Oster Versa and blend at medium speed for 10 seconds. Stir and blend again at medium speed until you reach your desired consistency.
I often find myself wanting a cup of nut milk on the spur of the moment, with no time to soak nuts or find my nut milk-straining bag. More often than not I opt for this instant, simple and delicious version that I have outlined below. I hope you find the recipe as handy as we do.
Instant Nut Milk
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter (we used the delicious creation above)
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener (we typically use maple syrup or honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon natural concentrated vanilla extract
- 1 cup of water
- Place the ingredients into the Versa and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a delicious milk.
Creamy Vanilla Milk
- Add a heaped tablespoon of the coconut cream from above to the milk recipe.
- If you would like to have this as a Creamy HOT Vanilla Milk, simply increase the blending time to four minutes.
If ever you need to take a plate or just want a delicious treat but have no time and / or no ingredients, then this recipe is the perfect place to turn! In addition to this it is also allergy friendly, making it ideal for school functions or parties that need to cater for a variety of dietary intolerances. Best of all these truffles are delicious and enjoyed by everyone including both my low calorie and my non-wholefoodie friends.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Truffles
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 extra tablespoon of cacao or cocoa to roll the truffles in
- Place the dates and 3 tablespoons of cacao or cocoa into the Oster Versa and gradually work up to high speed. Stop the blending, stir and repeat.
- Roll the mixture into balls and through the extra cacao or cocoa.
- Place in the fridge to set.
Anyone who has been following my little space will know that we are big fans of Chocolate Mousse. This is our favourite way to enjoy this delicious dessert on cold winter nights….or mornings….or in the middle of the wet and rainy days…
Hot Chocolate Mousse
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa
- 3 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Place the ingredients into the Versa in the order listed above and blend at high speed for four minutes. Stop the blending and stir the mousse at the two-minute mark.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
Here it is! The appliance that I used to create all of the above with minimal time, minimal fuss and outstanding results. I have much more that I want to try out before our time together comes to an end. With the blender you also receive a beautiful, complimentary cookbook and I am very keen to try out some of the soups and dips that I spotted while having a quick flick through.
A big thank YOU to Oster for the chance to not only play around with this fabulous creation but (and this is the very exciting bit) to also share it with you!!! That’s right! I have one Oster Versa Performance Blender valued at $999 to give to one lucky winner!
Ready to get your name in the draw? Simply leave a comment letting us know what your first Oster Versa Performance Blender creation would be?
Terms and conditions: The giveaway will be drawn by the generous team at Oster. The competition opens at 2pm AEST on Thursday 18th of June and closes at 2pm AEST on Thursday 25th of June. Australian entries only, sorry. Winners will be notified via email and published here. For full competition terms and conditions, click here.