Two Minute Apple Crumble
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- pinch of salt
- 4 apples, cored and quartered**
- 8 Natural Delights® Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Option One –
- Pulse the crumble ingredients in your processor and blend until the mixture resembles a well textured crumb. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the apple ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture is finely chopped. Divide the apple mixture between four microwave safe dishes and top with even amounts of crumble. Microwave each serve for 60 – 90 seconds.
- Eat. Enjoy.
Option Two –
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F.
- Place the apple ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture is finely chopped, but not too fine 😉 Spoon the apple mixture into a baking dish and top with the crumble mixture, bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
**I used Pink Lady apples.
notes – this is perfect hot or cold and for breakfast or dessert.
I made this recipe for the Natural Delights sugar swap campaign. Medjool Dates are a perfect sugar swap in lots of recipes, from cakes and cookies to dessert and drinks. For more inspiration head on over to the Natural Delights website.