Simple. Delicious. Enjoy. x
Sweet Potato Bread
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato flesh (approximately 200 grams cooked weight)*
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup full fat greek natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Grease and line a loaf tin. Mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place the sweet potato, coconut flour, yoghurt, maple syrup and eggs into your processor and blend until the mixture resembles a smooth, runny batter. Add the bicarb soda and mix to combine. Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 10 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely prior to cutting.
- Slice. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*I use the purple skin / white flesh sweet potato. I believe they are often called Japanese Sweet Potato or Japanese Yams.
note – I have updated this bread to use a standard loaf tin as requested by many of you. Because I can never do the same thing twice I also made a few other changes, or I what we consider to be improvements, along the way. If you are a fan of the original version and do not have our first book feel free to write to me and I will send a copy of the recipe across to you. However, I strongly suggest you try out this version first. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.