I made them for the kids and I kept them for myself….LOVE!
School Lunch Box Cookies
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflowers seeds
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 6 dried apricots*
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons honey**
- 4 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50 grams dark chocolate, roughly broken
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend until they are broken down, well combined and sticking together.
- Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls. Place the balls onto the lined tray and gently flatten.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 5 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*The apricots I used were large and soft, if yours are dry you may want to pre-soak them in boiling water, if they are small you may want to increase the amount used.
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.