I made them for the kids and I kept them for myself….LOVE!
School Lunch Box Cookies
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflowers seeds
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 6 dried apricots*
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons honey**
- 4 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50 grams dark chocolate, roughly broken
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend until they are broken down, well combined and sticking together.
- Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls. Place the balls onto the lined tray and gently flatten.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 5 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*The apricots I used were large and soft, if yours are dry you may want to pre-soak them in boiling water, if they are small you may want to increase the amount used.
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
If you are wanting more quick and easy allergy friendly Lunch Box recipes be sure to check out the Back to School eBook, you can view it here.
Rate this recipe
Quick, Easy and Loaded with Goodness School Lunch Box Cookies
Based on 63 Review(s)