- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Line a square 18cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the Coconut Rough ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into the base of your prepared tin. If making the icing place the cacao or cocoa, coconut oil and maple syrup into a small bowl and mix to combine. Spread the icing over your slice (it will be a thin layer) and sprinkle over the desiccated coconut.
- Place the slice in the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
notes – when making this for the lunch box I either omit the icing or use 50 grams of melted dark chocolate.