My husband recently went away for a few days. He had to leave bright and early. We kissed, said goodbye and ten minutes after he had left I headed to the kitchen to start the day.
On the bench I saw a note.
It made me smile from the inside out.
It is exactly what I love about that man!
Lu read the rules out to me each morning. We all knew them well.
The day before my husband was due home I turned the heater on; Eamon looked up at me and said “Don’t tell Dad”.
Again, I smiled from the inside out.
Red Velvet Truffles
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 and 1/2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- extra desiccated coconut to roll in
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and pulse at high speed until the mixture is smooth, well combined and sticking together.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into balls.
- Coat the balls with coconut and place in the fridge to set.