Red Velvet Cake
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and quartered (approximately 100 grams)
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup raw macadamias
- 1 heaped teaspoon honey*
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- Line a square 20cm cake tin with baking paper hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- Place the icing ingredients into your processor and pulse until the mixture is well combined and relatively smooth. You may need to scrape the mixture onto the blades and pulse a few times to achieve the desired consistency. Remove from the processor and set aside.
- Place the cake ingredients into your processor and pulse until completely broken down and sticking together. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin. Spoon the icing over the cake and level the top. Place in the fridge to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*you can sub the honey with rice malt syrup, maple syrup etc.
note – you can slice this and store it in the freezer and eat it directly from the freezer.