Quick and Easy Raspberry Slice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (opt)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 125 grams fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1 rounded tablespoon almond butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons cacao
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides.
- Place the ingredients for the bottom layer into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is completely broken down and resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and set aside.
- Place the ingredients for the middle layer into your processor and blend at medium speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Pour the mixture over your base, level the top and place into the fridge to set.
- Once the middle layer is set place the ingredients for the top layer into a bowl and mix until they are well combined. Pour the mixture onto your slice, spread it over the middle layer and place in the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
- I place the slice into the freezer for 20 minutes prior to slicing. Once sliced this can be stored and served straight from the fridge or freezer, it will not be stable at room temperature.
- When making the chocolate topping ensure the coconut oil is not heated, you may even find it helpful to add the oil once tablespoon at a time.