Tonight when I kissed you as you lay sleeping, I wanted to hop in beside you. I want to curl up next to you and hold onto your perfect Four Year Old self.
I felt acutely aware that the days we once shared, the days when it was just you and I, slipped away. They were there and then they were gone and so much has been going on that for a time you could say that those magical moments were all but forgotten.
But when I looked down on your sleeping body tonight and your face that melts my heart, I remembered every baby kiss, every walk around the block, every lunch and game that we have shared.
I’m so proud of you my little man. So proud of the boy you are growing into. But no matter how big you get, I never want your kisses and I love you’s to stop.
It won’t be long before you won’t want me in your bed, before you are too big for such things. So tomorrow night I’m hoping in. I’ll be smelling your scent and playing remember when as your soft breaths fall beside me.
Slow down Baby Boy, you’re growing too fast. Mum can’t keep up.
Quick and Easy Raspberry Slice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (opt)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 125 grams fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1 rounded tablespoon almond butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons cacao
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides.
- Place the ingredients for the bottom layer into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is completely broken down and resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and set aside.
- Place the ingredients for the middle layer into your processor and blend at medium speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Pour the mixture over your base, level the top and place into the fridge to set.
- Once the middle layer is set place the ingredients for the top layer into a bowl and mix until they are well combined. Pour the mixture onto your slice, spread it over the middle layer and place in the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
- I place the slice into the freezer for 20 minutes prior to slicing. Once sliced this can be stored and served straight from the fridge or freezer, it will not be stable at room temperature.
- When making the chocolate topping ensure the coconut oil is not heated, you may even find it helpful to add the oil once tablespoon at a time.