My Juliet, My Little Lettie,
You can slow down my precious one. You are going through the motions, those things they call milestones, way too fast.
I know all too well that you are the last baby I will mother and it’s making me acutely aware of everything that you do, of never missing a moment.
Every smile warms me; every tear I wipe reminds me of who you are to me and who I need to be to you.
I don’t want to miss a thing Lettie. I don’t want to pop out to the shops without you and hear you crawled when I return. I don’t want to not be there when you’re awake.
I want you to know that I’m always around. That you’re safe and secure and loved and that I’m always by your side. I want you to know that I’m not going anywhere. Not today, not tonight. You cry and I’m there doing what I can to bring back your joy. You laugh and I am there laughing with you.
I want to hold your hand and feel it grow inside of mine.
I want to share every step of your adventure; I want us to take in that path together.
Loving you Lettie, in that crazy Mum way. Xx
Quick and Easy Strawberry Creams
- 1 cup cashews
- 100 grams strawberries, hulled
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 200 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Place the cashews into a bowl and cover with water while you gather the remaining ingredients. Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper overhanging the sides, alternatively you can use silicon loaf pan or mini silicon muffin moulds.
- Strain the cashews and place them into your processor. Blend at high speed until the cashews are forming a paste. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and level it out. Place the mixture into the freezer to set.
- Once set remove from the freezer and slice. Return the pieces to the freezer while you melt your chocolate. When the chocolate is ready (make sure it isn’t too hot) use two forks to dip the pieces into the melted chocolate to coat and then return them to the lined tin (or a silicon pan) that had been in the freezer. This will help the chocolate to set quickly and also ensures they don’t stick. Return the chocolates to the freezer to set and to store.
- Eat and enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.