Remember when you told me to have protein every time I eat? That really helped.
Remember when you told me to eat every few hours? That really helped.
Remember when you told me to check out True? That really helped!
I am now a huge advocate of all the tips you gave me. Ironically it was these simple steps that were game changes for me and not the complex low this, high that, don’t eat this, ‘make sure you eat that’ diets that we so often see.
It really was as simple as not just knowing the importance of protein but ensuring I include it every time I eat.
It really was as simple as not just knowing that my body likes to eat regularly but taking a moment to note the time and ensure I keep myself well fed and well fuelled.
It really was as simple as finally discovering a clean Protein Powder that wasn’t bland and didn’t cost the Earth!
And I can’t thank you enough for all of that! Prior to my surgery I was following your advice and I was at my fittest and strongest.
And now, post surgery, I’m sure my recovery has been accelerated thanks to all that you taught me.
Thanks to the simple things that I’d heard before but had never committed too.
I am blessed to call you Coach and I hope you enjoyed the Snickers!
Snickers Protein Bar
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews, roughly crushed
- 80 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper overhanging the sides, mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place the peanut butter and honey for the base into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the protein powder and almond meal and mix to combine. Use your hands to work the mixture into a dough. Press the dough into the base of your prepared tin.
- Place the ingredients for the top layer into a bowl and mix to combine. Pour the mixture evenly over the base and place in the freezer for one hour to set.
- Remove from the freezer and tin and slice into bars. Dip one end of each bar into the melted chocolate and place it onto a tray lined with baking paper. Return to the freezer or fridge to set and to store.
- Eat and enjoy.
I teamed up with the wonderful people from True to bring you this delicious recipe and I couldn’t be happier to be supporting their mission to revolutionise the Australian sports supplement market. You can view their impressive and ever growing range of simple, pure and natural products here.
*you can sub the honey with rice malt syrup if you prefer.