Yesterday I woke with the devil in me. There is no other way to explain it. I was vicious.
There was only one victim. My Husband.
I am laughing as I write this but I shouldn’t, it really wasn’t funny.
Everything he said was infuriating, everything he did was wrong. The type of things that would usually go straight over my head were germinating in my mind and taking on a life of their own.
It was a little irrational.
I knew I was being irrational.
I knew I was being horrid.
I took myself to bed.
I apologised and then apologised again.
Later that night he made fun of me, together we laughed.
Everything was ok.
Today I sat back and reflected on all that had taken place. I realised how far we have come. If this had occurred at the beginning of our marriage my husband would have retaliated, he would have gone into a deep, dark mood of his own. It would have taken days for the thickness in the air to dissipate.
It seems we have reached a place where he can now shake it off. A place where he knows it will pass, that it is an exception to the norm and the best thing to do is to wait it out and then make fun of me. Just as I have reached a place where I can remain silent when he is tired, irritable and not in the mood for family life. Where I don’t feel the need to get upset or take on his negative mood. Where I can wait it out knowing that, for us, it is the best action to take and in no time we will be laughing again.
Quick and Easy Rocky Road Fudge
- 1 heaped cup brazil nuts
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 small, ripe banana (approximately 100 grams)
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cacoa
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 3 tablespoons goji berries
- Place the ingredients into your processor in the order listed above. Blend until the mixture is broken down and well combined. Spoon the mixture into the holes of a mini silicon muffin mould and place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Eat and enjoy.