The day I made these I excitedly waited for my husband to get home.
I let him do his thing. I let him drink a beer. I let him eat his dinner.
Then, I couldn’t wait any longer. I asked him to try what I had whipped up that day.
He could sense that this was not a standard taste testing.
He looked at me questioningly.
I said “I want it to taste like something”.
He popped it into his mouth. I waited and waited and waited.
“It’s a Picnic”. He stated.
YAY! My Picnic tastes like a Picnic!
My day was made.
Quick and Easy Picnic Bar Bliss Balls
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture is combined but still has lots of texture. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls and place the balls into the fridge to set.
- Eat. Enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.