Quick and Easy Jam Slice
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 level tablespoons 100% fruit spread – I used raspberry
- 6 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the base ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into the base of your prepared tin and set aside.
- Spread the fruit spread evenly over your base and set aside while you make the chocolate topping.
- Mix together the ingredients for your chocolate topping and pour the topping over your slice, spreading it out to cover and enclose the middle layer. Place the slice in the fridge to set.
- Serve. Eat and enjoy!
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
- I place the slice into the freezer for 20 minutes prior to slicing. Once sliced this can be stored and served straight from the fridge or freezer, it will not be stable at room temperature.
- When making the chocolate topping ensure the coconut oil is not heated, you may even find it helpful to add the oil once tablespoon at a time.