High Protein Banana Bread
- flesh of 3 ripe bananas (300 grams)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F. Grease and line a loaf tin. Mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place the banana, maple syrup, coconut milk, peanut butter, eggs and cinnamon into your processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 45 – 50 minutes. The mixture may still look slightly under done when you take it out but it will continue to cook as it cools, if you over cook the bread it will be dry. Once removed from the oven leave the bread in the tin for 15 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
All of the recipes are shared freely. Those who purchase the books make that possible and without their support I couldn’t do what I do. Thank you. If you are enjoying the recipes it would be great if you had a moment to browse the books, I hope you find something you love. With thanks, B x