The other day my daughter said, “I wish I was a baby.”
Without thought I replied with something like “Lulu, never wish to be anything except for the beautiful, perfect person that you are. You are you because this world needed you in it. It needed your thoughts and ideas, your words and your perspective. It needed the rays of sunshine that you bring. It needed you, exactly as you are.”
I think this is true for all of us.
I think many of us could benefit from not wishing for change or for something we do not have. For not envying others but for seeing the best in ourselves. For seeing the unique characteristics that make us the remarkable beings that we are.
We all have something to offer. We are all worthwhile. This isn’t a competition. Everyone is bringing something to the table.
Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds*
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews*
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 50 grams 90% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the almonds and cashews into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine crumb. Add the maple syrup and salt and blend until the mixture is well combined and sticking together. Mix through the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into balls, place the balls onto the tray and gently flatten. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before gently transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
*dry roasted nuts are readily available from the supermarket.
notes – I made 12 large cookies.