Four years ago today you roared into my world, stole my heart and let me know I was alive!
You kept me on my toes, broke all of my rules and loved me so intensely that I let everything slide.
Three years ago you started, ever so slowly, to feel safe off my hip. You started to think that maybe the outside world wasn’t so bad after all.
Two years ago you grew into a boy who laughed loudly and smiled often. You brightened all of our days with your cheekiness and affection.
One year ago everything seemed to be passing too quickly, my baby was disappearing before my eyes and a perfect little toddler was taking his place.
Today, you are my boy, my baby, my little man. You are my friend. You are my companion. You are the hand that was made to fit into mine. You kiss me when I cry, you smile when I smile. You have taught me so much: patience, love, compassion. I am better at all of these things since you came along.
Happy Birthday my Super Hero!
Loving you always,
Quick and Easy Bounty Bars
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 200 grams 85% dark chocolate, melted
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the ingredients for the bars into your processor and blend at medium speed until the mixture is combined. I leave a little texture. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared tin and place in the freezer for an hour or so to set.
- Once set remove from the freezer and slice into squares. Return the squares to the freezer while you prepare the chocolate. Remove the squares from the freezer and use to forks to dip and coat them in the chocolate. Once dipped place each square onto a tray lined with baking paper and place in the fridge to set and store.
- Eat and enjoy!
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.