I’ve just had my beautiful Mum and my ever giving Aunty come and stay. They left this morning and I am sad. So very, very sad.
I love spending my nights with the three of us sitting on the couch, drinking tea and playing remember when.
I love how perfect they make my house look and how my Aunty thinks that everything I make, be it a slice or a baked potato, is the most delicious thing she has tried.
I love that they roll with my quirky ways and love me just as I am.
I love that they play with the kids when I’m too tired to move and that they lighten the load for my husband and me.
I love that they’re mine, that they know me inside and out and that they are proud of me. That they think I am clever and beautiful in a way that makes me laugh loudly.
But I don’t love it when they leave. When we say goodbye and do not know when we will be together again.
It seems that with every year that passes we all miss each other just that little bit more. Each year the distance seems to get harder to bear. The nagging to move back ‘home’ becomes a little louder.
“One day” my husband and I continue to say.
Quick and Easy Blueberry Bliss Balls
- 1 and 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth and sticking together. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls. Place the balls into the fridge to set.
- Eat and enjoy.