Peanut Butter Slice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (70 grams)
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts (30 grams)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (60 grams)
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa (15 grams)
- 2 tablespoons honey* (55 grams)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 60 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- Line a square 18cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides.
- Place the base ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into the base of your prepared tin and set aside.
- Place the middle layer ingredients into a heat proof bowl and gently heat until the coconut oil has melted and the peanut butter has softened. Pour the mixture over your base and place the slice in the fridge for an hour to set.
- Once set, place the ingredients for the top layer into a bowl and mix to combine. Pour this layer evenly over your base and return the slice to the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
- Place the base ingredients into the bowl and blend at speed 8 for 10 seconds. Continue from step 3 above.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
makes 16 pieces.
notes – once sliced store in the fridge or freezer.
If you are enjoying the recipes be sure to check out the books. I hope you find something you love. With thanks, B x