I am grateful for the exhaustion that is consuming me tonight. I am grateful for what this sense of heaviness and fatigue represents.
I am grateful for the able body that didn’t stop; for the legs that kept me standing, the arms that held my baby, the hands that cooked and the voice that soothed.
I am grateful for the bed I will fall into and the sleep I will have.
I am grateful for the chatter of little voices that wake me just in time to see the Sunrise.
And I am grateful that I will get to do it all again tomorrow.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and halved
- 6 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Grease 10 holes of a mini muffin tray.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is smooth, well combined and resembles a very thick cake batter.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the holes and use your fingers to press it firmly down. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave in the tray for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.