My Mum is staying with me and we are on a mission to sort out my house. More specifically my children’s clothes, I have kept everything!
There are tubs and tubs of baby clothes, toddler clothes and memories making their way out my door each day. My Mum does it with ease, me, not so much.
It all feels so final! Of course, if ever I was to be pregnant again (which I won’t be) I could just shop again. But the act of it feels very definite and while I know it is the correct decision for my family; my heart is hurting a little.
I’m reminding myself as we pass the items on that I am blessed, incredibly blessed, that I have three healthy babies and that I need and want for nothing.
So today, as we pack up more bags and we send off my maternity clothes and pregnancy books, I’m focusing on reflecting with thanks on the time that’s been. On the fun we have had and on the beautiful children that have grown before me and beside me.
There will be no tears, no regrets and no doubts. Just gratitude for what is and the hope that someone loves Eamon’s shorts or my favourite maternity dress as much as I did!
Orange Cake Bliss Balls
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- zest of two oranges
- juice of half an orange
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to set.
- Eat and enjoy!