I am a huge fan of blend and bake cakes and we have whipped this one up quite a few times now. It is simple and it is delicious. I hope you enjoy it!
Orange and Carrot Cake
- 2 carrots, quartered (approximately 150 grams)
- 1 orange, quartered (approximately 150 grams)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place the carrot and orange into your processor and blend until they are finely chopped, add the remaining ingredients except for the bicarb soda, and blend to combine. Add the bicarb soda and mix to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. The cake should be golden on top and an inserted skewer will come out cleanly. Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
- I use the whole orange, the flesh and peel. I simply wash it and cut it into quarters.
- This cake doesn’t need icing. However, if you would like to ice it cream cheese blended with honey works perfectly and for a dairy free option this recipe is divine.