Quick and Easy Maltesers
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds*
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews*
- 2 tablespoons honey**
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 80 grams dark chocolate, melted
- Place the almonds and cashews into your processor and blend until they have been finely chopped. Add the honey, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and blend until the mixture is combined and resembles a fine, sticky crumb.
- Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into small balls. Place the balls onto a plate lined with baking paper and pop them into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes or until set.
- Once set use a fork and teaspoon to dip each ball into the melted chocolate to coat. Return the balls to the lined plate and place into the fridge to set.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*dry roasted nuts are readily available from the supermarket and health food stores.
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.