Not Quite A Cherry Ripe
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- 200 grams 85% dark chocolate, melted
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper over-hanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place 1 cup of the desiccated coconut, the coconut oil, honey and vanilla to your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is well combined and the coconut has broken down. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the cherries, raspberries and the remaining 1 cup of desiccated coconut into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is broken down and well combined. Add the coconut mixture to the cherry mixture and blend at high speed to combine.
- Press the mixture firmly into your tin and place in the freezer for 1 hour to set. Once set cut into squares and return to the freezer for an hour or until very firm.
- Remove your squares from the freezer and use two forks to dip and coat them in the melted chocolate. Once coated sit them on a tray lined with baking paper and return to the fridge or freezer to set and store.
- Eat and enjoy!
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
note – you can store these in either the fridge or freezer. Many people who have tried them prefer them from the fridge but I like them from the freezer. It comes down to personal preference, our family is split 50/50 on this one.