I remember playing around a little with make-up when I was teenager – it was disastrous. The thought makes me cringe.
I should have been good at it. My Mum is a make-up and hair styling queen. I must take after my Dad!
In my late teens and early 20’s a few girlfriends dressed me up and many hairdressers tried to make my hair look something other than frizzy. But at the end of the day you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink and by 24 I had well and truly given up on this scene.
I was a natural girl.
I had my rosehip oil and my paddle brush and I was happy.
Then I fell pregnant.
Then I had a baby.
Then I started looking in the mirror and feeling well beyond my years.
Every now and then I would try and tame my hair. I would buy an eye cream. I would fill my cupboards with products that would never get used.
Then I fell pregnant again.
Then I had another baby.
Again, I started looking in the mirror and feeling well beyond my years.
This time I purchased a tinted moisturiser. For a long time it was just for special occasions. I bought my second tube two years later and now that I am pregnant again I am using it daily.
I look in the mirror these days I feel it is time.
I feel I am now ready to embrace the girly world of all things beauty. All things hair. All things skin care and a few things make up.
I am attempting to do it without filling my cupboards with products I will never use.
Wish me luck.
Nut Free No Blend Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini
- 1/3 cup honey*
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups desiccated coconut
- Place the honey, tahini, vanilla and salt into a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the cacao or cocoa and mix to combine.
- Add the coconut and mix. Use your hands to work the mixture together.
- Once the mixture is well combined use your hands to shape and press the mixture into balls, I made 10. Place the balls into the fridge to set.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.