I have this day every 28 days when I just want to be alone.
But I live with four other people.
I live with three precious little people who want to be over me and on me and with me.
And 99.9% of the time I wouldn’t have it any other way.
But on this one day in my 28 days I crave space and silence and I’m no fun to be around.
On this one day there is no spring in my step and hearing the word Mum at least five times a minute makes my head hurt.
On this day I just want to potter and take photos and maybe lie in the sun.
I have no patience for stories and fights and games.
I’m a grump.
And yet as I’m surviving my day and driving myself crazy, I know that if they weren’t here I would be missing them. I would be lonely. I would be complaining about them not being around!
Maybe it’s a day when the positive light won’t shine no matter what I do and maybe I just need to roll with it knowing how quickly it will pass.
Maybe I just need to enjoy my loaded smoothies, lie around and cuddle my babies and try not to lose it with my husband for eating the last No Blend Coconut Rough Bliss Ball.
No Blend Coconut Rough Bliss Balls
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- Place the almond butter, honey, cacao or cocoa, vanilla, salt and milk into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the coconut and mix to combine. Slightly dampen your hands and work the mixture until it is sticking together.
- Use slightly dampened hands to press and shape the mixture into balls. Place the balls into the fridge to set and to store.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.