As many of you know my Lulu has started at a new school, a much bigger school. A school with a canteen.
Yesterday she took herself off to check out the Canteen.
Last night she told me that for 20 cents you can get Watermelon and for 50 cents you can get Fruit Salad.
This morning she was ready for school with all jobs done in record time. She asked if she could take 20 cents from my purse, I obliged.
Lulu skipped into school with her hand guarding the 20 cents that was residing in her pocket. There was a spring in her step, a song in her voice and I suspect that today will go down as one of her best.
I can’t wait to hear all about it! Bless her cotton socks.
No Bake Nut Bars
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds
- 1 cup dry roasted cashews
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 rounded tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1/ teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the almonds, cashews and dates into your processor and blend to roughly chop. Add the remaining ingredients and gently mix to combine.
- Press the mixture very firmly into your prepared tin and place in the fridge to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.