My little man sits across the bench from me, eating his olives and living in the now as only kids seem to be able to do.
I stare at him. I soak up his blue eyes, his shaggy hair and his loving expression. I ask if he is going to be ok? If, once our baby is born, he will be ok?
He makes some silly comment about baby Spiderman, stuffs two olives into his mouth at once and starts to laugh at himself.
Soon I’m laughing too.
He will be ok, maybe not straight away, but he will be ok.
Mix and Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt into a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined. Add the coconut and mix until very well combined. Work the mixture with your hands to form a dough like ball.
- Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into cookie sized balls. Place the balls onto the tray and flatten slightly. Cook for 10 minutes or until nicely golden. Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for 10 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.