The sun was shining today. It was freezing cold, but it was still and inviting.
The kids and I went out for a stroll, something I do not do often enough over the winter months.
I entered one of those blissful mother moments. You know the ones? You gaze at your children, in my case they were running ahead of me, laughing and holding hands. I was steps behind thinking that this is as good as it gets. I was thanking the universe for the beauty before me, for the man I love, for my big pregnant belly.
I was smiling.
There may have even been tears in my eyes.
Then my Son fell on the gutter. Head first as only kids seem to be able to do.
He cried out.
He threw himself into me and when I peeled him away his forehead was already many shades of red and purple.
Back to reality I go….
Mix and Make Muesli Bars
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 4 tablespoons hulled tahini
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup currants
- Place the honey, tahini, salt, vanilla and cinnamon into a medium sized bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until very well combined.
- Work the mixture together with slightly damp hands if need be.
- Press the mixture very firmly into a loaf tin lined with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal. Mine measures 19.5 x 9.5 cm.
- Place the slice in the fridge and leave to set over night.
- Slice, serve, enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.