Oh this really is one crazy level of good!!! I LOVE lemon and I LOVE coconut! If you feel the same then you will be sure to enjoy this incredibly easy and delicious slice. Grab a bowl, spoon, a few ingredients and whip it up! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Mix and Make Lemon Slice
- juice and zest of two lemons
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, liquified
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal of the slice.
- Add the juice, zest and honey to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the meal and coconut and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture very firmly into the prepared tin and set aside while you whip up the topping.
- To make the topping mix the honey, vanilla, lemon juice and zest until well combined.
- Add the oil. Combine.
- Add the coconut. Combine.
- Spoon the mixture onto your base.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the mixture evenly over your base.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Slice. Serve. Eat. Enjoy!
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.