Sponsored by Woolworths
This slice has saved me a few times this pregnancy.
I have had it for lunches with a smoothie on days when everything else made me sick.
I have packed it for snacks when we went to the city.
It has been delicious when everything else tasted, well, tasteless.
Best of all it is quick, easy and results in very little cleaning up. Exactly what I need in my current state!
When the fabulous team at Woolworths asked me if I could create a recipe using LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds) as part of the Macro Guide to Goodness campaign I straight away thought of this one. It seemed to tick all of the boxes –
Simple – tick.
Few Ingredients – tick.
Full of nutritional goodness – tick.
And the most important box of all, delicious – tick.
For those of you who have not yet heard of the Macro Guide to Goodness, it is a site dedicated to offering easy solutions for enjoying good food and a healthy lifestyle. Best of all there is something over there for everyone.
I hope you enjoy the site and I hope you enjoy the slice. Be sure to let me know.
Mix and Make Chocolate Slice
- 1 cup Macro LSA
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao or cocoa
- 5 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 tablespoons honey*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper over hanging the sides for easy removal.
- Place the LSA, coconut and cacao or cocoa into a medium sized bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the almond butter, honey and coconut oil into a heat proof bowl and gently heat just enough to soften and combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and combine.
- Press the mixture very firmly into your prepared tin. I press the mixture down with the back of a spoon and then cover with baking paper and press down again to ensure it is very firm.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Slice. Serve. Enjoy.
* you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.