To the little boy who races to bathe with me each morning. The little boy who brushes my hair as I sit on the toilet, who holds my hand when I cross the road and who squeezes my neck and pulls me into his kiss when I tuck him into bed each night.
To the little boy who spends every minute of his day by my side and never wants for anything more.
To the little boy who sits next to me as I type on the computer and leans over sporadically to kiss my cheek or wrap his arms around me.
To the little boy who cuddles on my lap as we read stories and talk about the day that has been.
To my little boy,
One day, you will not be so little.
One day, your time will be taken and our moments together will be brief.
One day, I will not be the centre of your universe.
When those days come I want you to spare a thought for your Mum, who loved you so much that her heart would burst and start running out her eyes.
To your Mum who would have done anything and everything to have you growing inside her, to have you in her world.
To your Mum who was imperfect in every way except for the amount of love and adoration she had for you.
To your Mum whose heart is cracking at the mere thought of sending you off to Preschool.
To your Mum who has loved every day that she has spent with you. Even the ones when you cried for hours on end, the ones where you kept her awake all night and the ones where she thought she would never cope.
To your Mum who feels so blessed, so grateful and so proud to call you her Son.
Don’t outgrow me little man. Don’t forget your crazy but always loving Mum.
Mix and Make Chocolate And Peanut Butter Slice
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Line a tin with baking paper over hanging the sides. I have made this in a loaf tin measuring 19.5cm x 9.5cm and a 20cm square tin.
- Place the honey and peanut butter into a medium sized bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the cacao or cocoa and mix to combine.
- Add the coconut and mix. Use you hands to work the mixture until it is well combined and sticking together.
- Press the mixture very firmly into your lined tin and place in the fridge to set.
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place the ingredients into a small heat proof bowl and gently heat until the mixture, primarily the oil, has softened.
- Remove from the heat and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture over your base and place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- 50 grams dark chocolate, melted**
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- It is best to wait until your middle layer is set before melting the chocolate and making the topping.
- Once the middle layer is set mix the topping ingredients until well combined and spread over the slice.
- Place in the fridge to set and to store.
- Slice. Serve. Enjoy.
*you can sub the honey with rice malt syrup if you prefer.
**this topping is equally delicious and great for those who prefer to not use dark chocolate.
note – you can also make this in a processor if you prefer.