It makes for a boring story but in short I’ve been having a bit of a hard time of late. Nothing to do with my precious ones, they are all taking care of me in their own ways.
Anyhow, I was having a difficult day. The two bigger kids and my husband were at after school activities and I was home with Juliet.
We were on the couch, I had my knees up and she was sitting in them and looking straight at me. We were chatting.
As I was holding her and adoring every perfect expression she made, I was thinking of the load I was carrying. I was thinking that as soon as Mum comes it will all be better, that Mum will make everything right.
I looked at Juliet who was giving me a heart melting smile and I wondered if believing our mums will always have the answers and will always be the solution is something we are born with. Is it something that is etched into us while our hearts beat as one and that we never outgrow?
Because it’s seems my baby believes I can fix her every upset, just as 30 something years on, I believe my Mum can do the same for me.
Mix and Make Caramel Cookie Dough Bliss Balls
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- Place the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the almond meal and mix well to combine.
- Use your hands to shape and roll the mixture into balls. Place in the fridge to set.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.