Sometimes I think how much I would get done if I didn’t have three little people saying “Mum” twenty billion times a day, every day.
Sometimes I think how much I would get done if I didn’t have my adorable little Juliet sitting on my hip or my non-stop chatting Lulu a step behind me. Sometimes I think how much I would get done if I didn’t spend the bulk of my time playing Guess What with my story telling Son.
And sometimes Juliet goes to sleep, Lulu reads, Eamon plays trains. And within minutes I realise that I actually wouldn’t get anything done. That for some crazy reason that completely defies me, I need their distraction and interruption. I need their voices and cuddles. It seems that’s how I work best. With my babies by my side, in my arms and in my ears.
It seems I am a much better me when I am with them…
Mix And Make Bite Size Caramel Slice
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil soft
- 1 cup almond meal
- 6 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoons honey*
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 150 grams dark chocolate, melted
- To make the base place the almond butter, cacao or cocoa, honey and coconut oil into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the almond meal and mix to combine.
- Use your hands to press the mixture into the holes of two mini silicon muffin trays to make a base. I made 24.
- To make the middle layer place the ingredients into a heat proof bowl or jug and gently heat until the ingredients have softened. Remove from the heat and mix until the ingredients are smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture over your base.
- Top each one with a spoon of melted dark chocolate and place in the fridge or freezer to set and to store.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.