- 4 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat your oven to 125 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the egg whites and cream of tartar into a large mixing bowl. Using electric hand beaters or electric stand alone beaters beat the mixture until soft peaks form. Slowly add your sugar, a tablespoon full at a time and continue beating. Once all the sugar has been combined continue beating the mixture for 1 minute.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto your prepared tray. Turn the heat on your oven down to 100 degrees Celsius. Bake for 1.5 hours. Turn off the heat and leave the meringues in the oven for a further three hours to cool. Place onto a cooling rack and leave for a further 30 minutes to 1 hour. Store in an airtight container. Eat and enjoy.
- I made 25 medium sized meringues, you could very easily make more.