I was with some members of my husband’s family the other day. My Mother in law was there but otherwise it was mostly new or fairly unfamiliar faces. My two kids were with me and it was evident that I was a Mum. One of the lovely ladies asked me what I ‘do’.
I never really know how to reply to this.
Do I say I am a blogger?
Do I say I have a website?
Do I say I have recipe books?
I typically stumble and mumble my way through a response before quickly moving onto another topic.
Not this time.
As I started saying that I have a little blog and that I share recipes my Mother in law stepped in. She started raving about Wholefood Simply. I was taken completely by surprise. I was lost for words. I felt all warm and tingly!
I felt loved.
I felt like she was proud of me.
I still reflect on this moment and smile from the inside out. Sometimes it is the little things that mean so much.
Lemon and Lime Bars
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- juice and zest of one lemon
- juice and zest of one lime
- pinch of salt
- Place all of the ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is completely broken down, well combined and sticking together.
- Press the mixture firmly into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Mine measure 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Eat and enjoy!