I like my breakfasts to be simple, uncomplicated and sustaining.
I like them to require minimal thought and minimal effort.
I like them to be something I look forward to.
When the sun starts shining I typically start making smoothies. This past week it has been this recipe. I hope you enjoy it.
- 100 grams full fat natural, greek or coconut yoghurt*
- flesh of half a ripe avocado
- large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquified (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients except for the oil into your processor and blend until you have a delicious, creamy smoothie. Add the oil and blend again.
- Serve. Drink. Enjoy.
*you can sub the yoghurt with full fat coconut milk or cream that has been stored in the fridge.
note – I often add lime, cucumber or mint if I have them on hand.