Today is your birthday. I won’t mention your age; I know you are funny about things like that. I can honestly say that you are still one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. You are fit and strong and if I have an ounce of your vibrancy in forty years time I will be one very happy lady. Goodness knows I could even do with it now.
You have been there for me since I was a child. You are the only person in the entire world who genuinely believes that I was the good kid. This makes laugh out loud, how right you were!!!
You have always understood me much better than most; I think we both know that this is because we are so alike; two sensitive souls finding our way through what can be a rough and tough world.
You held me through my darkest times and you never stopped loving me. You accepted my faults and my flaws and you gave and you gave and you gave.
You were the first person to meet our babies, again stretching out your ever helping hands.
You are so much like my Gran. Having you in my life has enabled me to hold on to her just a little bit longer, I can glimpse her warmth in your touch and her unconditional love in your voice.
I am sorry we do not see each other more often, but I think of you every day and I will never forget all that you have done for me.
Enjoy your flowers, enjoy your birthday. We are sending love. x
Jaffa Bliss Balls
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons almond butter / spread
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- zest of two orange zest (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend until well combined and resembling a fine, sticky crumb. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls. Place the balls into the fridge to set and to store.
- Eat and enjoy.