With most of my posts I have no idea what I will write about until I sit down and start writing! Today that is not the case. This post has swam around inside me for a lifetime. I always knew I wanted to write it, but I never knew how.
I have realised I will never know how. Some things are bigger then words, then sentences, than paragraphs. Some thing are so big that we simply cannot comprehend them, we can feel them, live them, but we cannot convey them.
There is an incredibly special person who I am holding in my heart as I write this. He has quite literally been my strength when I was falling to the ground, my company when I stood alone, my sunshine when all other lights went out. He has looked out for me since the moment I was born. There has never been a time when I didn’t feel important to him. Beyond this, he believes in me, without any hesitation he simply believes in me! This alone brings tears to my eyes.
I adore him. I admire him. But mostly I just wander what on earth I did to deserve all of this. Everyday I am thankful that I have him in my life, that he makes the time for my simple little world. That my kids will grow up with him just like I did, that he will make them laugh uncontrollably, and that they too will look forward to his visits more then another other day of the year.
It would seem that any time a part of me breaks, he is right there, patching me up, good as new, often even better. I cannot say that I do the same for him, I would like to, but I do not know how. I wish I could repay him. Despite how hard I try I cannot think of anyway that I can thank him for all that he is and all that he has been, so I just hope that he knows. I hope he can see that I am full of gratitude and that I think he is an exceptional person. He has a kind heart, a clever mind, and an unconditionally generous nature. He is such a huge part of my world and I long to have him sitting on my couch, making me laugh, and making everything right, simply by being around.
If he visits soon I will save him some peppermint slice.
- 1 and 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon of cacao or cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw cashews*
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 2 well heaped tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint**
- 2 tbs honey
- 3 tbs cacao or cocoa
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- Place the base ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the dates and coconut resemble crumbs and the mixture is sticking together. Press the mixture firmly into a loaf tin. Place in the fridge while you make the peppermint layer.
- To make the peppermint layer blend the cashews, salt and coconut at high speed until you have a smooth consistency, you may need to scrape the mixture back onto the blades and pulse this a few times. Add in the honey and peppermint and blend just enough to combine. Press this mixture over your base and return the slice to the fridge.
- Place the chocolate ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture resembles melted chocolate. Pour this mixture over your slice and spread it out evenly.
- Place in the fridge to set and to store.
*to make this nut free use desiccated coconut in place of the cashews and add 1 tablespoon of coconut cream.
** You can slice this into individual serves and store and eat it directly from the freezer.