Over the past few weeks, I have had numerous requests come in for recipes that I happened to have in my drafts. Gingerbread has landed in my inbox on more than one occasion. We have a couple of Wholefood Simply takes on these classic cookies, but I thought I would share this one today as it suits many restricted diets. Enjoy.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (mine was soft)
- 3 tablespoons honey*
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients into your food processor and quickly pulse to combine. Roll the mixture into a smooth ball. Place the ball into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and roll in between two sheets of baking paper until the mixture is approximately 3 – 5mm thick. Cut with your cutters and gently place onto your prepared tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack.
*You can use rice malt syrup if you prefer